One Anothering One Another
September 09 - 15 • Week 1: The Law of Christ
The word “love” means different things to different people. Jesus spent His life on earth teaching how to love one another, but He didn’t stop there. He demonstrated the perfect definition of love by giving up His own life for the sake of the world—you and me. In this demonstration, Jesus lived out the Law of Christ as an example for us to follow. Through love, the world will know Jesus.
- What are you known for? What would others say about your character? How do you want others to think of you?
- In what ways can you lay down your life for one another just as Jesus did for us? Give some examples within your T-Life group and in your neighborhoods, community, schools, outreaches, etc.
- Read 1 John 3:11, 14. How does not loving one another keep one in death?
- Pastor Ronnie said on Sunday, “When we don’t one-another one another, we turn a life-giving relationship into dead religion.” Evaluate your own one-anothering and what areas feel more like dead religion than life-giving love. What steps will you take to move toward one-anothering?
- Before hearing the sermon on Sunday, how would you have answered this question: What primary activity does Jesus require of you? When you think about what needs to change about the way you are living your life, how can this group encourage, serve, and support you? In return, how can you encourage and support others in your group?
Next Step Challenge
This watching world will know Jesus through the love of Christ displayed in us. What can your T-Life group do this week to one-another someone who needs Jesus? Talk about it, but then make a plan and DO it!
“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” –John 13:34-35