Relentless: The Book of Acts
August 26 - September 1 • Week 12: The Only Aim
We wrapped up our final week in the Relentless series. As we reviewed Paul’s life after his commitment to follow Jesus, we discovered that his only aim was to complete the task assigned to him by the Lord. This difficult task was to “testify to the gospel of God’s grace” (Acts 20:24) and eventually cost him his life. But the message of the Gospel was advanced because of people in the Church like Paul. Relevant, let’s be relentless in pursuing God’s will and allowing Him to use us to transform the world for Jesus.
Will you make what God cares about most your ONLY aim?
- What has been one phrase, verse, or thought that has stuck out to you most during the Relentless series?
- In what ways is God asking you to relentlessly trust Him? Do you find yourself aiming toward trusting Him or aiming toward fear?
- Read together Acts 20:24. What was Paul’s ONLY aim and how did it affect his life and the lives of others around him?
- Pastor Ronnie said on Sunday, “Our ONLY aim affects our experience of God in our lives and the rest of our aims submit to our ONLY aim.” What is your ONLY aim right now in life? How does it rule over your other aims?
- As you’ve shared your aims, take time to pray for one another in either smaller groups or as a larger group. Ask God, “What would you have me do? What would you have Relevant do?” Ask the Holy Spirit to fill our Church body with His power to accomplish His perfect will in our community and world. Dedicate to God being relentless in whatever way He wants to use you.
Next Step Challenge
Make it a point to spend daily time with the Lord this week. As a group, keep yourselves accountable to one another and ask each other what God is showing you. In your quiet time, ask the Lord to use you where He needs you. Ask Him who needs His love and in what ways. Practice listening and faithfully obeying, and watch the Lord do His work through you!
“However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace.” – Acts 20:24
Other Scripture References
Mark 8:34-35, 2 Timothy 4:7-8